Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Red, White and...Candy!

Opening Weekend for Biola University is just two days away! It's crazy that all our work in Admissions for this year is about to step on campus in the form of new-freshman-college-students! 
We are pumped. 

And frankly, so is the rest of campus! 
Every department decorates their entrance so as students arrive, they see-a-sea of red and white! 
This year, a couple of girls and myself signed up to be on the decorating committee. 
I put together the table area, and they did the floor, wall welcome, and ceiling.


The paper on the wall is a "Scathing Warning" to our staff not to touch the candy. :) 
It's for our guests!





We are also doing a giveaway for new freshman and transfers. 
They can win their first dorm pet! :)
You can't see the writing very well here, but it says that in order to win 
"Barry the Beta Fish" (named after our school's president) they need to fill out 
a raffle ticket and drop it in the bucket. Yes, Barry the Beta is also a lovely shade of red.



The circle graphic I took of of The Graphics Fairy blog. 
She has some really unique graphics that you can use for all kinds of projects. 
My favorite, though, are the labels. You can use them for so much! 


I dropped the label image into Pages, a program on macs, and added the text. 
It made for easy labels that I think really helped pull the look together. Other than that, I just bought every white and red candy I could find, took random jars from my kitchen and put it all together. 

Alyssa used streamers that she twisted to write a welcome on the wall. 


They also made polka dots and lined the floor as well as grass, birds, and clouds! 


Definitely a fun day in the office! :) 

1 comment:

Lyndsey McKinley said...

This looks awesome - you guys did such a great job! I am sure the students will feel so welcome :) Go Admissions!