Friday, August 12, 2011

New Additions

This past weekend, The Mr. was out of town and I decided to do a little redecorating. :) I felt the need to get the apartment a little more organized before jumping into this year. We specifically needed an organizer for our mail, computer, etc. as well as some space created on our kitchen counters.

A couple months back we purchased a secretary desk off of Biola Classifieds for $40 and we were in the process of refinishing it. I hadn't yet picked a paint color, so I figured it could wait, we'd use it in its natural state for now, and we could paint it after our next move (whenever that is) to match a future home. So...I brought it in!


 It's the perfect size, I actually love the unfinished look (good job, Garrett!), and it closes up so nice and neat and no one has to look at our messiness when they come over! Success!

The second need was a little tougher. How do you create space in a kitchen that just doesn't have a ton of counter room? The only thing I could figure was to take stuff off the counters and put it on something else. So I'd been looking for a kitchen cart type piece for a while. I just wasn't satisfied with what I was finding. Usually they were cheap pieces that were going to run me $75 or more. 

But this weekend, while out on my "find cheap things shopping extravaganza" I ran across 
this little beauty at one of our local thrift stores for $10. I took two good looks at it, set my 
stuff on it and waited for some guy to show up and help me get it into my car! 
Exactly what I was looking for and at the right price! 


This cleared off one whole counter space and we were able to shift other things so that the kitchen counters are a whole lot less cluttered! Our apartment's feeling a little more homey and a lot more organized. I think we're ready to hit year four! :)

No comments: