Monday, November 15, 2010

Saturday = Productivity

Saturday was a busy day in the Southern California Suhr household apartment. We slept in a little. Garrett made a delicious breakfast of eggs, sausage, english muffins with blueberry preserves and even a pot of coffee! We then finished Season 5 of The Office with Jim and Pam expecting a little one, and decided it was time to work on some projects that we've had lying around for a while. 

Garrett was busy sanding a desk that we bought on Biola's Classifieds. It's a little like a roll top desk, but it's more of a flip top desk. I love it because it can hold our messes a bit, and the top can just be flipped down when people come over, instead of constantly trying to keep the place kept up. :)

Here's a picture of the desk with the lid off. Garrett does good work.





I'm working on trying to figure out the best way to make a Magnetic Chalkboard. I realize I could probably buy one, but if I can figure out how to make them, and frame them cute enough, maybe I could sell them. :) And fund MORE crafting projects, eh? I bought a piece of galvanized steel at Home Depot (or maybe it was Lowe's?), some primer, and chalkboard paint. I sanded the steel to make sure it was nice and smooth, added a couple coats of primer, and then started in with the chalkboard paint. 


The only thing I'm not sure about are the lines. They weren't nearly as bad after it dried, but I think the paint brush I used left more lines than I was expecting. The paint has been drying the past couple of days, I think I'm going to try and roll on another layer of paint to see if a roller works better. 


I'll post some pictures once I've gotten the next coat on. 
I still need to find a frame that will fit a large, square piece of metal. :) 

It's fun to be creating, though. :) It's just fun to have a life back after such a crazy fall! 
Yeehaw!

No comments: