Saturday, November 13, 2010

Grilled Pizza. Oh. My. Word.

So, the other night, our dear friend Janae came over for a little hang out time. Garrett and I were talking about what we should make. I've had grilled pizza before, but only once and it's been about 2 1/2 years. Garrett just did a grilled pizza night with his RA's recently but I wasn't able to join because of work. Anyways, I thought it'd be delicious, and super fun, to do grilled pizza. My recent, and probably all time favorite pizza is Chicken BBQ. I am a HUGE fan. I can't even imagine what I would do if Pizza Hut's Stuffed Crust was combined with a Chicken BBQ pizza. Hold the phone. MAYBE THEY DO HAVE IT!!

*Quick break to check Pizza Hut's website*

No dice. They don't have it. Well, shoot. I got super excited there for a minute. Stuffed Crust just makes my mouth water. Well, not really...'cause my mouth doesn't water for some reason. Garrett's does. : )

Anyways. We got a bunch of ingredients, got them all prepared and chopped up and ready to go. Janae decided to make a Pesto Chicken pizza. I did the Chicken BBQ. And Garrett did the Pepperoni. So Janae and I heated our pizza with the sauce, set that aside. I got some cilantro, red onions, and cheese. We rolled out the dough, and then headed for the grill. :)

Chicken BBQ Pizza ingredients ready to go. 
Lucille's BBQ Sauce, red onions, cilantro, chicken and cheese (not pictured). 



We then laid our dough on the grill and let one side cook.



 Suuuuuuper excited! 


Once you flip the dough over, you have to be ready to put on all your toppings. It goes fast from here. Add your sauce, and the toppings you'd like, then shut the lid so that it cooks quickly. 


There may be a little extra time to take a picture or two. :) 


Garrett saved the day by coming through with the loads of cheese! 


The finished product! Seriously, Adios California Pizza Kitchen. 
This BBQ Chicken pizza was just as good! 


This is a whole new way to do Barbecues with friends.
Change it up a little. And let me know what you think. :)

1 comment:

Kimberly Anne said...

After looking at your pictures, my mouth is watering. :)