Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mason Jars + Apple Pie = Delightful

One of our sweet ambassadors tipped me off to a lovely wedding website. 
The ideas are inspiring and fresh and the photos are phenomenal. 
Makes me want to coordinate weddings one of these days...(cough, cough...Mallory)

For now, though...I'm content to gaze at the beautiful colors and take in lots of unique ideas. 
I LOVED this wedding in particular. 

So many fun colors, personal touches and smiling faces. 
Some of the particulars that I love about this wedding are the...

{brooches galore} 

 Brooches in the girls' hair. Brooches for the boys' flowers. Brooches everywhere! 
And of course, it's important that the are all hand-picked and varied. 
            It immediately shows the creative eye of the bride (assuming the bride picked the brooches). 

{the setting} 

I can't give the credit to the bride for designing the breathtaking tall trees and the light streaming between, but she gets the credit for choosing the location and braving the rain! And the umbrellas just add to the total charm of the event. 

{the bridesmaids}

We are no longer in the days where every bridesmaid dress has to match. 
I'm not sure why some are in black and some are in various colored dresses, but I'm assuming the colors are the sisters and the black are the additional bridesmaids? Either way, it's a great touch. 
The bouquets are beautiful as well.  And the rainboots...Oooooh the rainboots!
While I may not know the meaning behind all of it, I love the you can easily tell she had a purpose and reason for how to did things. She didn't just accept the typical 
"this is how it's always been done" wedding rules. 
Be encouraged to break the rules, ladies!

{the dessert table} 

Oh my, my! 
This may be one of my favorite touches. 
Garrett and I had apple pie at our wedding, but now individually baked little sweeties!
Wowzers! I love this touch and I love that guests get to take home something they're actually going to eat and enjoy eating! This is a ten in my book. A ten, folks. 
And, when I read up on how they did it, it was surprisingly really easy! :)

The only thing about my little evaluation is that I'm looking at it all from the eye of the photographer. So I of course have to give kudos to Sara for capturing the beauty that was this wedding. 
And I hope these complete strangers don't mind me blogging about their lovely day. 
It all started with the apple pie jars, but I couldn't just post pictures of those when 
there was so many other gorgeous elements to be seen!

Makes me want to have another ceremony! 
What do ya think, G? :)

No comments: