Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bending and Adjusting

I'm cleaning out my email at work and just found this that I wrote to a newly married friend at some point last year. Thoughts on marriage. :)

It is very much an adjustment. Every part of it, too.

I don't eat on a normal schedule, just when I'm hungry. Garrett likes to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner  when they're supposed to be eaten.
I don't want my bathroom floor wet, but Garrett steps out of the shower without drying off first.
I like to stay up late, but Garrett likes to hit the hay a little earlier.
I like to sleep on the couch. It's not long enough for Garrett to fit on, too.
I like some salt on my food, but it's usually pretty plain. Garrett spices everything.

It's crazy! And I've never been in a relationship with someone (best friend, sister, parent) that so much affected me, ya know?

It's definitely a learning experience. A good one! But a hard one at times. :) It means bending where you're not used to bending and giving where you're not used to giving.


After re-reading this, I'm more and more convinced that marriage is worth every bend and ever adjustment. It just is.

Love you, Garrett.

1 comment:

Veroya said...

Thanks for the thoughts!