Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Lord is my Shepherd...

"All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.”
-2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Though you may not be directly tied to something as painful as the tragedy at Virginia Tech this past Monday, always look for opportunities to help someone who is going through something so difficult. Seek to be obedient as the Lord puts you in situations where He can use you.

Lord, I pray that you never waste one of my hurts. I want to be used by You to help others that hurting. Give me compassion, so that I can give it away. Give me love, so that I can give it away. May I never keep it for myself.

No comments: