Thursday, April 5, 2007

being aware.

"When you have the opportunity, take a look at a clock with a second hand. Stop what you are doing and just watch two minutes pass. In the grand scheme of things, two minutes might seem very short; but, consider the quality time you could have had with someone you know, someone you might meet, or someone you have lost. Every two minutes we have in this life can be spent doing something or spent doing nothing. I prefer to do something...whether I am spending quality time with the people I care about, pursuing new experiences, or doing anything else meaningful in my life. I work hard and I know will be a successful person when my life is over because, in many ways, I am successful already. I cannot always be doing the right thing, no one can. However, I try to spend every two minutes growing as a person and helping others rather than wasting time on that which is insignificant. "
-written by a friend-

No comments: