Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Thrift

So much fun today. It's been too long since I spent a couple of solid hours in a thrift store. I joined a friend, Robin, and hit up one of her favorite spots. There were lots of great deals! Just wish more had fit. :) Here are a couple of my finds.
Old Measuring Spoons
4 sets for $2.95


Pretty white vase and steel box. 
Vase- $2.95
Box- $3.95


Leather Belt
$4


2 Clipboards
.95 cents each


5 ball jars with pretty lids
$2.95 for all 


White shirt with ruffles. :) 
$2.50


And probably my favorite. 
A vintage, green, velvety dress. 
$2.95



We had so much fun! Robin found a couple of great items as well, including an old trunk and a big mirror, each for $5. The place was huge and packed with people. I'm sure to make return trips. :) I'd love to find great pieces and sell them to other people. I don't mind doing the finding. :) 

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am so glad I found your blog! I would LOVE to know this thrift store - you had great finds!! Please tell us the name, and if I missed it, please tell me again:) Good to see you this am! Linds

Bethany said...

Lindsay! It's in Lakewood on South Street. I believe the name on the front is just "Thrift Store." It was huge and had lots of good stuff! I think you would take the 91 West, to the 605 South and then take the South Street exit. I went with a friend, so I'm not entirely sure, but that's what I remember. :) Loved chatting a little this morning! :)

the barretts said...

love the items! I actually dreamed about this place last night after you told us about it. :) I def. want to go sometime! So fun having you and G over last night...

Bethany said...

We can do a girls day if you ladies wanna go. :) I know you and SB were talking about making it a date night, but I guess both could be in order! You, me, Lindsay...whoever else. :) Maybe not this Friday, but next? Maybe? :)