Thursday, August 23, 2007

i'm a boy...

I don't know who reads this stupid blog. I'm not posting this article to say, "Look at how you boys take our emotionally unstable hearts and tear them to pieces!" It's quite the opposite, actually. I was reading this article and the whole time I couldn't help but think...I'm the boy in this. Somehow, through life's fun twists and turns (sarcasm?) I have somehow, I believe, become emotionally detached in relationships. Sometimes I think I forget to pay attention to the fact that they may be getting attached while I am not. What in the world is wrong with me?!?

Here's the article. Note: Wherever it says "boy" or "man"...just substitute in the word "Beth".

Not Your Buddy- by Suzanne Hadley
http://www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0001200.cfm

...aaaaaand.....apparently I need to read this book....






Ridiculous.

My pastor told me that the reason I have a hard time committing is because I haven't found the person that I wanted to commit to yet. I guess that could be the case.

I read a post on a friend's blog one time that said something like this, "Couldn't the fear of commitment be a good thing?" He went on to talk about how the fear of commitment gets a bad rap all the time, but maybe it's actually beneficial because it keeps people from committing to relationships that may not be right for them.

Something to think about.





3 comments:

Justin said...

You're welcome... :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes that is a harsh article. I think guys AND girls do that a lot more than the bitter writer is willing to admit.

That said, I'm SO guilty as charged. I think people like being liked even if they're not ready for a relationship with anyone.

p.s. reading your blog and inviting you to help at the Cruise In doesn't mean I want more than friendship - sorry little sister :)!

Car said...

So true, so true.

Beth! I need to talk to you!

I'm moving to California in a few days, and I was originally going to LA to be in the music business more, until this last weekend. I had the most God filled weekend. Well, read the blog. It nutshells what I went through. Anyway, I was telling Kimmi last night I think I just want to go back to Oceanside, go back to my church (that I LOVE) and work there. I am thinking I want work with the youth. Like junior high/high school age. I want to be like a counselor or something. Go to camps, help coordinate small groups, stuff along that line. I'm really excited about it, and then Kimmi was like "You should talk to Beth about it! I think she does that in Virginia and she loves it!" So yeah, here I am. What exactly do you do? I'm thinking I would love something like. I need prayer. This all happened so fast! AH! Thanks Beth. I miss you and love you and I hope you are good!!! :)